SDC Finance and Leasing Limited began operations as the second discount house to be licensed by the Bank of Ghana in 1991 and was known as the Securities Discount Company Limited (SDC).
The prime function of SDC, as a discount house, was to provide an outlet for the otherwise idle funds within the banking system and other participants in the Ghana money market and to provide liquidity in the short-term money market through the development of an active secondary market in money market instruments.
As a result of current trends in the financial sector it has become necessary for SDC to reposition itself in the non-bank financial industry in order to achieve adequate returns for its stakeholders. With this in mind, SDC has identified a niche in the financial sector within the non-bank financial industry that it intends on focusing to redefine its future business.
SDC has decided to convert its current discount house license into that of finance and leasing house; SDC Finance & Leasing Ltd, with the main objective of developing structured asset-backed financial instruments for the financing of SMEs and other corporate institutions in Ghana, while maintaining its Primary Dealership status. In the second year of operations SDC Finance & Leasing Ltd will enter into lease financing.
Objectives of SDC Finance & Leasing Ltd
The objectives of SDC Finance & Leasing Ltd will be;
- To be the finance house of choice for short to medium term asset-backed financing mainly to SMEs and other large corporate bodies.
- To lead the active development of secondary market trading of money market instruments. These instruments will include Promissory Notes, Commercial Papers and Treasury Bills and Notes
- To remain a leading primary dealer of Government of Ghana and Bank of Ghana bills and notes such as treasury bills, notes and bonds.
- Offer leasing services to SMEs and other corporate bodies.
- Intermediate medium to long-term funds from both offshore DFIs and local institutions for the SME sector.
» Mr. K. Sekyere
» Mr. R.S. Abbey
» Mr. A. Graham
» Prof. Ofori Amankwah
» Mr. J. E. Allotey-Pappoe
» Mr L. Prempeh
» Mr M. Dorfe
» TransAfrica Holdings (Mauritius)
» Social Security & National Insurance Trust
» International Finance Corporation (USA)
» Agricultural Development Bank Ltd.
» Ecobank (Gh) Ltd.
» National Investment Bank Ltd.
» Ghana Commercial Bank Ltd.
» CAL Bank ltd.
» Equitorial Holdings Ltd.
» Inter-Afrique Holdings Ltd.
» Pryor, Counts & Co. Inc (USA)
» United Africa Trust
» Individual Private Investors