The Ghana Stock Exchange has a new governing Council for a two-year term (2011-2013), renewable. The new Council which was appointed at an extraordinary general meeting on Thursday, November 17, 2011 has three independent members, two representatives of licensed dealing members, two listed company representatives and two executives as follows:-
1. Dr. Sam Mensah, Executive Chairman of SEM Group Ltd.
2. Mrs. Merene Benyah, Senior Partner of JLD & MB Legal Consultancy Ltd.
3. Dr. Frank Odoom, the Director-General of the Social Security and National Insurance Trust.
4. Mr. Winston Nelson, CEO of African Alliance Securities Ghana Ltd.
5. Mr. Michael Nii Cobblah, CEO of EDC Stockbrokers Ltd.
6. Mr. Franklin Asafo-Adei, Deputy Managing Director of SIC Insurance Company Ltd.
7. Mr. Simon Dornoo, Managing Director of Ghana Commercial Bank Ltd.
8. Mr. Kofi S. Yamoah, Managing Director of the Exchange.
9. Mr. Ekow Afedzie, Deputy Managing Director of the Exchange.
Speaking at the meeting, Mr. Frank Adu Jnr., the immediate past Chairman whose tenure saw the automation of all of the Exchange’s operational processes, asked for members’ full support for the new Council to enable them take the Exchange to new and greater heights.
The new Council has since elected Dr. Sam Mensah as its Chairman and Mr. Franklin Asafo-Adei as the Vice Chairman.